“Be grateful for whomever comes, because each has been sent as a guide from beyond.” –Rumi, 13th century poet
Emmanuel has many partners that share in our mission. Please visit their websites:
- Severson Dells Nature Center (seversondells.com)
- Green Communities Coalition (greencommunitiescoalition.org)
- Habitat for Humanity (rockfordhabitat.org)
- Just Goods (JustGoods.info) – Rockford's fair trade store
- Lutheran Social Services of Illinois (lssi.org)
- Carpenter's Place (carpentersplace.org/links.htm) links homeless people with community service organizations, and provides them the tools to rebuild their lives since June of 2000.
- Rockford Area Arts Council (artsforeveryone.com)
- River District Association's mission is to promote a growing, thriving, prosperous business and residential community in Rockford’s downtown neighborhood. (riverdistrict.com)
- Katie's Cup (katiescup.com/#!about): coffee-conversation-community
- Students Taking Action Against World Hunger (actionagainsthunger.org/take-action/student-center/students-taking-action)
- ArtScene of Rockford (ArtsForEveryone.com)
- Rockford Cosmopolitan Club (rsdcosmo.org) – “Unity, Service, Action”
- Keeling-Puri Peace Plaza
- David Stocker Music Program (davidstocker.net)
- The Margaret Aldeen Fund of Community Foundation of Northern Illinois for awarding the Emmanuel Food Pantry a grant in 2014 to purchase food for the hungry people we serve.
- Sallyann Roberts, MSW, LCSW, is a clinical social worker in private practice. She sees clients in her office at Emmanuel, an ideal setting for individuals to learn about themselves so that they may come to experience joy and gratitude. Sally believes that each of us has a unique and special gift to offer the world. The journey of our lives is to know and free ourselves to live out of our tremendous giftedness. Email her from the website for more information.
- Pranayama Yoga Studio (yogarockford.com) – The only Rockford location offering Iyengar Yoga.
- Claudette Pirrello, Yoga instructions
- Nia (NiaMow.com) instructor Dee Dee Coogan
- English as a Second Language (ESL) classes. Please contact the church office, 815-963-4815, or send an email to find out more.
- Donna Ballard, of Lutheran Social Services of Illinois (LSSI.org) (LSSI), works with veterans and military families of all ages.
Their objective is to help veterans with whatever is needed, for example:
- Resource to caregivers.
- Support and fellowship among caregivers.
- Provide assistance for veterans’ transition home, or to a new facility.
- Counseling, mental health services, substance abuse
- Nursing care
- Provide child care to targeted areas, including pre-deployment, return service, hospital to home care, and continued education.
- Transportation assistance to medical appointments or other outings.
- Light meals and snacks.
- Educational information provided on relevant topics (PTSD, Trauma, brain injury, aging-in-place, forms of dementia)